Welcome, welcome to the third edition of Bookish Banter! This is a weekly blog post where I talk about bookish topics with Elizabeth of Redhead Reader and Ellen of Pottermorebooks!
This weeks discussion is...
Bookish Pet Peeves!
Oh boy! This one seems like a toughie! I'll just start making a list, and see how far I can get!
1. Insta-love!! I really really dislikie insta-lovie! HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT YOU LOVE SOMEONE AFTER MEETING THEM ONCE?? It doesn't make a dang bit of sense, and I have a hard time reading any book that has this. I more of a fan of the slow burn type of romance!
2. Bad boy sydrome. Why does it seem like every YA book that's coming out lately has a bad boy as the main love interest? I mean, I get that they are sexy and cool, but does every character have to be this way? Where are the girl's that are attracted to normal guys? The geeky ones? The boy next door? The sweet cowboy? Examples: LEVI FROM FANGIRL! TREVOR FROM PIVOT POINT!!
3. Boys and girls that are best friends with zero interest in each other romantically. I need more of this! I love platonic relationships!! IT IS POSSIBLE TOO! Argue with me all you want, but my best friend growing up was a boy, and we never got together once. I mean, technically we kissed when we were 3, but that doesn't count. From then on, it was strictly platonic. One of my best friends now is my actual best friend's husband, and trust me, neither of us has ever been interested in the other! That was kind of confusing. But still, I'm getting sick of the stereotypical boy/girl friendship where they can't be just friends.
4. When a book is told from two POVs, but the voices sound the same. Don't do this if you can't have TWO distinct voices. I hated Allegiant because of this. If I wasn't paying attention to the name printed at the beginning of each chapter, I had no idea who I was reading. Defiance by C.J. Redwine is a great example of a book who has two distinct voices for the character's telling the story!
I can't think of anymore of the top of my head, mostly because I am so excited to start my very first giveaway EVER!! Also, did you notice the new design on the blog?? What do you think?
The reason I am having this giveaway is because IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY (and I'll have a giveaway if I want to! You would giveaway something to if it happened to you!!) If you have no idea what just happened there then I'm a little sorry for the burst of weirdness!
So you may be asking what I plan on giving away today? Well, I have a never read ARC of The Darkest Minds for one winner, and an assortment of all kinds of fun swag for another! Some of the swag may or may not be signed, and when I say that, I mean some of it DEFINITELY WILL BE!! ;) Although, I haven't dug through all my swag to pick out what I'll include in the pack yet!
RULES ( or the dirty little details)
RULES ( or the dirty little details)
1. US ONLY! I'm sorry, but I'm broke and I can only afford shipping in the US right now! I'll have an INT giveaway soon, I promise.
2. MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO ENTER. Or have your parents permission! :)
3. NO CHEATING!! Please no cheating guys. Cheaters never win! I WILL be checking all entries, and any entries that don't follow the directions will be disqualified! NO EXCEPTIONS!
4. There will be TWO different winners chosen randomly through the rafflecopter form below. The winners will be notified via email, and will have 48 hours to respond. If there's no response within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen!!
5. Giveaway will start today and end at midnight on March 1st!
6. Biggest rule of all? HAVE FUN!!!!! :)
May the odds be ever in your favor!
What are some of your bookish pet peeves?
Did you like this new feature?
Have any topics you would like us to discuss in the future?
Let me know in the comments, and don't forget to check out the other two blogs to read their answers for the week!
Stay updated on everything on Pivot Book Reviews and the ever popular Cover Puppies posts by following me! Don't be afraid to connect with me! I love talking about books with other book lovers!