If you're anything like me, you like crafts. But to me, there's something that's even better than just crafts....it's BOOKISH CRAFTS. I spend quite a bit of what limited free time I have making bookish crafts, whether it's some of my tote bags or even my swag frames, but today I have something new I want to show you.
Do you have bookish stickers? Yeah, I know this kind of falls into play with my swag frames, but when I pre-ordered Isla, I got these super cute stickers and I just didn't want to put them in my frames, but I didn't want to stick them on anything either, because I WANT TO KEEP THEM FOREVER! Okay? Ha, so they just sat on my desk for weeks and weeks and weeks until last night, when I made them into something that I can 1) Keep forever and 2) Show off.
Bookish friends, I give you.....
A tutorial for BOOKISH MAGNETS! BOOM!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED (pictured above):
- A pair of handy dandy scissors.
- A roll of magnetic magnet stuff. (You can get this at Wal-mart. Usually in the office supplies)
- BOOKISH STICKERS.
- Measure your sticker up against magnet stripping, and cut to fit sticker. There may be a little overhang in the end. (No worries, you can cut it off later!)
- Once you have enough magnetic stripping cut, peel your sticker off it's sticky thingy ma-jig (the paper, idk the official wording haha) and line up your magnetic strips on the backing, and stick! (see pictures below!)
- Cut to fit. Like I said before you may have a little over hang (because I'm horrible at measuring I had lots, and I wasted a lot of magnetic strips. I initially planned on doing more sticker magnets, but alas, I ran out of magnetic stuff)
- Viola! You now have a bookish sticker magnet! Now go put it on your fridge!
|(Adding my magnetic stripping to the back of my sticker!)|