Stacking the Shelves (33)

Sunday, February 8, 2015


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where bloggers share their weekly book hauls! I absolutely love showcasing what I received over the week, and seeing what goodies everyone else got as well!!!



PURCHASED: 
The Chapel Wars by Lindsay Leavitt

WON: 
V Wars: Blood and Fire by Jonathan Maberry *SIGNED*

Thanks Jonathan!!! :)
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN BECCA LAND??
Well, this time last week, I was going out with Book Boy. I bet ya'll are dying to hear how that went, huh? Wellllllll, he cooked me breakfast for dinner and it was perfect! I mean, it's kinda hard to screw up pancakes and stuff, but it was super good! Then we watched a movie (Fury), and cuddled the entire time. It's been so long since I've done something like that so it was pure bliss. I forgot how nice it is to cuddle with someone and just be lazy! :) Then we went and met his friend up at the bar, which was entertaining because there was this drunk couple next to us and we died laughing at their conversation. It was hilarious! But when the night was nearly over, he walked me out to my car, and...........KISSED ME. IN THE RAIN. Yes, this really happened, and yes, I'm still in awe that it did! I haven't been kissed in two years!! Ahh, I can't wait to kiss book boy again! Maybe when it's not raining and freezing cold out though, because unfortunately it was last weekend, so I had to cut the kiss a little short. It was so adorable though because when he leaned in, he totally bumped me in the head with his ball cap. I could barely force myself to stop laughing so he could kiss me! But fingers crossed I'll be kissing him as you're reading this, because we are supposed to go see Jupiter Ascending Sunday afternoon! I'm hoping it's good, even though I've heard some not so stellar reviews so far. Oh well, if it is bad, at least I have someone to distract me! ;)

Let's see, the rest of this week I have been busy trying to catch up with my huge ARC TBR stack, because I got incredibly behind due to the bet with book boy. I've read a ton this week, but my absolute favorite was SHUTTER by Courtney Alameda. SO SO GOOD. If you haven't read it/purchased it, DO IT. It's so amazing!!!! What have you been reading and loving lately?

A few other things, we celebrated my niece's birthday today with a surprise bday party. Well, turned out, she had a surprise for us too. Her dad was supposed to take her to see a movie, but he ended up letting her buy a puppy, which is so adorable and sweet and fluffy and I WANT IT! Now, I'm trying to convince my parents to let me get a puppy for my birthday, which is this coming Tuesday!! EEP! I'm hoping to get a ton of books off my wishlist! I also cut my hair this week, which was something that needed to be done. I was trying to grow it out, but it's just too hard to do it! I totally had a mullet going on!

Here's the new do!
BLOG POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED: 

That's it for me this week!
What did you get/buy?
Anything amaze-balls?
Let's discuss!!

post signature


11 comments:

  1. You got some nice books. I like your new hairstyle. It's very fitting for you.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new do! So cute! I am excited to hear what you thought of The Chapel Wars!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeee! Book boys and kisses! <3 <3 <3

    Also, have read The Chapel Wars - was a sweet, feel-good contemporary read. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chapel Wars looks cute! And so do you with your new haircut. Also, still freaking out about you and Book Boy. *squeals*

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh nice! YAY for a win! I swear wins are the best! There's just that lucky joyous feeling you get! And let's face it, it's BOOKS! The lottery is always nice, should one ever win, but I think the more attainable joyous win comes from winning books! LOL!

    Hope you enjoy your new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. BECCA I AM SQUEALING BECAUSE OF BOOK BOY OKAY!!!!!!!!

    I love that I got to read the whole story because I knew about the kissing part but not the rest and AWWWWW GOALS OKAY?! GOALS.

    I haven't read anything by Jonathan Maberry but I do have Rot and Ruin.

    ALSO YOUR HAIR LOOKS V CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe..... you and book boy. You guys are absolutely adorable. I need all the deets when we meet up again. Okay? Okay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely with the new haircut!!
    I cannot wait to hear about the latest date with book boy!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for pretty books. <3 And book boy sounds SO CUTE :D Yay for kisses! <3 And your new hair looks gorgeous too :) Happy reading Becca. <3 Hope this new week will be awesome for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your haircut is adorable! I love it! You're such a pretty lady. <3
    Please keep us updated with book boy. It's like reading a good book, haha. So happy for you though!
    And I really adored The Chapel Wars. I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs