Well, friends. 2014 has officially come to an end, so to celebrate the end of one chapter and the beginning of a new one in 2015, I'm participating by filling out Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner's annual end of the year book survey! YAY! Thank you Jamie for coming up with & hosting this super awesome survey! It was so much fun (and very hard) to fill out! :)
Number Of Books You Read: 118
Number of Re-Reads: 3
Genre You Read The Most From: Surprisingly Contemporary!
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
(I'm going to cheat a bit here lolz)
Contemporary: Open Road Summer by Emery Lord, To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han, Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Sci-Fi: A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
Historical Fiction: Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Talley
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Famous in Love by Rebecca Serle
I'm still sad that I didn't love this one more!
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Trial by Fire by Josie Angelini
But in a very, very good way! *pushes book*
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
This one is very very tough for me, because I pushed A TON of books onto people this year. I've been known to be called THE Book Pusher around these here parts. (i.e. look at the book above!)
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Series: Anna & the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Sequel: This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Series Ender: Deliverance by C.J. Redwine
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
EMERY LORD. MARIE RUTKOSKI. JENNY HAN. MORGAN MATSON. PAULA STOKES. CJ REDWINE. MARY E. PEARSON.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Lies We Tell Ourselves by Robin Tally (My very first LGBTQ book!)
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
Talon by Julie Kagawa
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
MANON BLACKBEAK from Heir of Fire
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?“Someday we will be more than words in the dark.” ― Sara Raasch, Snow Like Ashes
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
Longest: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
LARA JEAN AND PETER KAVINSKY
(To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Reagan O'Neill and Dee Montgomery
(Open Road Summer by Emery Lord)
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas (cough cough ANDYE cough)
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
Josh from Isla & the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Wildlife by Fiona Wood
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout because it made me question my loyalties to Roth! ;)
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
My Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch review on Reading Teen!
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My most popular bookish crafts how-to post was definitely the Swaggy Idea for all your Shoebox Swag, where I give instructions on how to make the absolute coolest framed collage of bookish swag!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I would definitely have to say the Fierce Reads tour stop in Irving, Texas this past October, mostly because I got to meet a ton of my fave authors and I got to meet some blogging friends, and it was definitely the best event I've ever been to in my entire life!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Opening my Etsy shop, Pivot Book Totes, and having actual AUTHORS buy totes that I've painted with their book covers.....(i.e. Martina Boone, Danielle Ellison, Nikki Kelly, Sara Raasch)
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
My most popular post would definitely be the one where I announced the opening of my Etsy shop! It got well over 1500 views, which is crazy to me and so so amazing! I'm so excited, surprised, and honored that it has gotten so much attention. It still shocks me how many people love and buy my totes, and I love you all so much for helping me spread the word, buying a tote, or just even gazing adoringly at them! It means way more than I can ever express through words!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Definitely Book Outlet!! Gillian's Society6 Store, The Art of Young Adult! And Amanda's Etsy, AMPjournaldesigns!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Well, I was supposed to read 150 books this year, but I only read 118! I blame my wisdom teeth surgery and how many totes I spent painting this year! I shall up my game next year, and try, try again!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
THRONE OF GLASS #4 by Sarah J. Maas!!!!!
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Every Last Breath by Jennifer L. Armentrout (TEAM ROTH!!!!)
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
GO TO BEA 2015! (Which I am doing!)
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord!!!!! Seriously, my new fave! GO READ IT RIGHT NOW!!!!! Erm, I mean, PRE ORDER IT SO YOU CAN!
ALSO, be sure to check out the GIVEAWAY I have going on Jamie's blog for a handpainted Ignite Me tote bag! You only have a few days left to enter so hurry, hurry! And be sure to stop back by tomorrow, because I have a super special surprise for everyone! :)
Oh, and HAPPY NEW YEAR! *throws confetti*