I have never done a Reading Challenge.
Phew. It feels good to finally get that off my chest.
Okay, so I suppose that is kind of a lie, because I did the Goodreads Challenge last year, and challenged myself to read 150 books, and that didn't turn out so well. I think I made it to 118, but I blame that on my horrible surgery and recovery in December. I reset my Goodreads Challenge to 150 again this year, and I'm desperately hoping that I make it, because I felt awful not making it last year!
What I meant when I said I'd never done a Reading Challenge is that I've never done one that wanted me to read specific things, so this year, I'm wanting to rectify that with this super fun one I found on PopSugar. Mostly because I want to expand on what I read, and discover new things!
I know this is super small, so I'll go ahead and post each individual check point below.
- A book with more than 500 pages
- A classic romance
- A book that became a movie
- A book published this year
- A book with a number in the title
- A book written by someone under 30
- A book with nonhuman characters
- A funny book
- A book by a female author
- A mystery or thriller
- A book with a one-word title
- A book of short stories
- A book set in a different country
- A nonfiction book
- A popular author's first book
- A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet
- A book a friend recommended
- A Pulitzer Prize-winning book
- A book based on a true story
- A book at the bottom of your to-read list
- A book your mom loves
- A book that scares you
- A book more than 100 years old
- A book based entirely on its cover
- A book you were supposed to read in school, but didn't
- A memoir
- A book you can finish in a day
- A book with antonyms in the title
- A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit
- A book that came out the year you were born
- A book with bad reviews
- A trilogy
- A book from your childhood
- A book with a love triangle
- A book set in the future
- A book set in high school
- A book with a color in the title
- A book that made you cry
- A book with magic
- A graphic novel
- A book by an author you've never read before
- A book you own but have never read
- A book that takes place in your hometown
- A book that was originally written in a different language
- A book set during Christmas
- A book written by an author with your same initials
- A play
- A banned book
- A book based on or turned into a TV Show
- A book you started but never finished
I'm also hoping that my TBR shelves will assist me in this challenge, because I really need to start knocking some of those books off. I have way too many that are unread! Story of my life. But I'm not putting too much pressure on myself. I'll be happy if I even do 1/2 of it. The point is I wanted to try something new this year, and this is one of those new things!
I will update this list as I read throughout the year so you can see my progress! :)
Do you do any reading challenges?
Are you doing this one?