There are infinite amount of awkward scenarios that I, as a bookworm, have experienced, but I've narrowed it down to these ten, because they happen the most often.
1. That moment when you're sitting there, minding your own business and fully engrossed in the latest novel of your choosing, and someone interrupts you by talking to you, over meaningless things....
Do I reply?
Do I ignore and try to keep reading?
Why are they still talking?
Oh good, they seem to have shut up...
*waits a few seconds*
Aaaand they're talking again.. son of a *****!
2. That moment when your best friend is talking about how they're embarrassed about how many books they have on their TBR list which turns out to be only like 8, and you slowly shut the door on your TBR room....
3. That moment when you're reading an emotionally charged book in public, trying your hardest not to bawl in front of complete strangers...
What? No! I'm totes not crying..
4. That moment when you go see the newest book to movie adaptation, and can't decide if you should feign ignorance or complain loudly that THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE BOOK!!!
5. That moment at Thanksgiving dinner, when your family starts asking if you are dating anyone yet, and you shamelessly say your latest book boyfriend, as if he is real.
"So, Becca, are you seeing anyone yet?"
"Oh, yes, Grandma. His name is Tobias Eaton, but he's busy fighting the war, so I couldn't invite him to dinner."
"Oh, Becca, that's wonderful. He sounds just wonderful!"
"But I don't know...I've kinda started having feelings for another guy in his absence. His name is Chaol. He's a guard!"
"Oh dear, Becca..."
*Thinks to herself* And then there's Logan, and Theron, and Adrian, and Etienne, and Josh, and Levi, and....*
6. That moment when the mailman comes to your door everyday for a week with packages, and he asks you what the heck he's been delivering to you all week and when you tell him it's books, he asks, "Don't you have enough yet?!"
NO DAMN IT!
I GOTZ TO HAZ DEM ALLLLLL!
7. That moment when your friends ask you to go out on Friday night, and you fake sick because you have to know what happens in this book!!!!!!
(who am I kidding? This happens every night!)
8. That moment when you put yourself on a boy ban, but have trouble explaining to everyone why, because the real reason is that you've finally come to the realization that no real life boy will ever compare to those in your books.
The struggle is real, friends.
9. That moment when you finish a book with a huge cliffhanger, rush to the bookstore to get the next book, and when the salesperson tells you, "oh we don't have any in stock"...
Just know, I'm trying really hard to contain my fiery rage right now...
10. That moment when someone asks you what the book you're reading is about, and you struggle with telling them, because it's just easier to look it up on the dang internet, yo!
Have you had any awkward bookish encounters?
Have any of the ones I listed happened to you?