July 1st brings us the start of a magical journey that is Camp NaNoWrimo. In my weekly wrap-up last week, I mentioned that I had in fact signed myself up for this torture enlightening quest to write finish my second WIP. Of course, along with signing up to write a measly 35K in the month of July, I also signed up for more stress. How does Becca deal with stress, you ask? SHE PROCRASTINATES!
In the last few weeks of June leading up to the start of Camp, I was supposed to be outlining. Which I did. In my head. But hey, that counts! Really.
Now, with it currently being nineteen minutes past midnight on the first day of Camp NaNo, I am procrastinating writing anything by first and foremost, writing this blog post on other ways to procrastinate during Camp NaNoWriMo. All of which, I will most likely be doing this month.
**Note: It's not that I don't absolutely LOVE writing, I just seem to be the master at procrastinating when I NEED to be doing something. It takes me a few hours little bit of procrastination before I put butt in chair and get down to bizniz as usual**
1. Reading that one book that you just can't put off one second longer. I.E. EVERY SINGLE BOOK ON MY TBR SHELF. Esp. that one, and this one, and that one too...
2. Exercising Ha. Wait, what? For realsies, need to start this whether I'm procrastinating or not. Maybe this 'procrastination' will be reason enough to get me started.
3. Eating ALL THE SNACKY SNACKS.
"My milkshake brings all the words to the page...."
4. Shopping for new books Hell, I do this everyday anyways. No wonder there's a poof of dust that pops out whenever I open my wallet... Maybe I should pass on this procrastination.
5. Binge watching The Lizzie Bennet Diaries Or really any other show.. Game of Thrones, True Blood, Walking Dead marathon weekend. But really?! I am now in love with The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. HOW HAVE I NOT WATCHED THESE BEFORE?!
6. Responding to all those comments that you haven't gotten to yet. Come on. You know exactly which comments I'm referring to.
7. Dreaming about the fictional world you have yet to write about. Haven't you been doing this enough the past few weeks, Becca? Put butt in chair and pen to paper.
8. Twitter/Instagram/Email/Bloglovin. You gots to keep up on all the hubbub on the interwebz.
...And two three minutes hours later...
TIS TIME TO WRITE ALL THE WORDS.
Oh, look, it's time for dinner.
Are you participating in Camp NaNo this year?
Do you procrastinate before getting your daily word count?