Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, where you can spotlight an upcoming release you're eagerly anticipating!
This week I'm waiting on:
Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
Releases on: January 2016 ADD IT TO GOODREADS!
From Goodreads: On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a "witchery," amagical skill that sets them apart from others.
In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble-- as two desperate young women know all too well. Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It's a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.
Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her-- but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi's hotheaded impulsiveness.
Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship's captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.
Why I'm Waiting:
1. DAT FREAKING COVER! HOLY MOLY THAT COVER IS BEAUTIMOUS! *PETS*
2. It's Susan Dennard! While I wasn't super crazy about her Something Strange series, I still enjoyed it. Steampunk-ish things aren't usually my style, but this? Oh this definitely is. I have EXTREMELY HIGH hopes for this.
3. Truthwitch? What? That sounds like an epic power. I need that power in my life, even if I had to keep it hidden. I don't care. I wants.
4. The friendship between Safi and Iseult sounds perf, and I can't wait to see their adventures!
5. Cunning Prince? Named Merik? That is also a Windwitch AND ship's captain? This reminds me of Nikolai, and I adore him. So I expect to adore Merik too. All the swoony ingredients are there, so please make me sa-wooooooooon!
What do you think about Truthwitch? Does it sound just as EPIC to you? What did you think about Dennard's other series? Am I the black sheep? What part of Truthwitch's synopsis are you most excited about? Is it the Prince like me? ;) Let's discuss!