Hosted by: The Perpetual Page-Turner
BEST IN BOOKS 2013
1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat - you can break it down by genre if you want of 2013 release vs. backlist)
This is so hard!!!!! I really struggled with this survey!!!! There were so many great books I read in 2013, but I'm going to try my best not to repeat too much!
Contemporary: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Contemporary: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Dystopian: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Paranormal: Pivot Point by Kasie West
Science Fiction: Linked by Imogen Howson
Fantasy: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn't?
Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris Like I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I was with the long awaited and highly anticipated ending to this series I was. Actually, I was so disappointed with it that I refuse to believe this book ever even happened. Sookie's choices make me sad.
3. Most Surprising (In A Good Way) Book of 2013?
Crash by Lisa McMann I just happened to get a half off on a used book coupon for Hastings that I had to use and just happened to come across a signed copy of this so of course, I bought it. I fell in love with the characters in this story!!! The second installment is even better!
4. Book You Read In 2013 That You Recommended To People Most in 2013?
All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill I read this in one sitting! I couldn't flip the pages fast enough, and then I found out there is going to be ANOTHER one?! Cristin Terrill, you just made my life 100x better! JS!
5. Best Series You Discovered in 2013?
Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock Such a different take on the werewolf craze! I really enjoyed this one, and Thornhill. I cannot wait for the last book!
6. Favorite New Author You Discovered In 2013?
KASIE WEST!!!!! I just love her! :)
7. Best Book That Was Out Of Your Comfort Zone Or Was A New Genre For You?
8. Most Thrilling, Unputdownable Book in 2013?
Reboot by Amy Tintera AH! This book is such an original take on zombies! And I love me some zombies! I am eagerly awaiting the sequel!
9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Pivot Point by Kasie West There's a lot of Kasie West on my list! I'm sorry, but I just can't get enough of her writing, and super swoony boys!! :)
10. Favorite Cover Of A Book You Read In 2013?
11. Most Memorable Character In 2013?
Kai from Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins Le Sigh.
12. Most Beautifully Written Book Read In 2013?
13. Book That Had The Greatest Impact On You In 2013?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell I really, really just loved this book, and related to it a lot emotionally. I will probably do a reread of this book this year as well, because I loved it so much.
14. Book You Can't Believe You Waited UNTIL 2013 To Finally Read?
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead I tried this series before but just couldn't get into it. However, I am so glad I picked them up again! I flew through the whole series, and then immediately started the Bloodlines series!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?
"I used to think that when people fell in love, they just landed where they landed, and they had no choice in the matter afterward. And maybe that's true of beginnings, but it's not true of this, now. I fell in love with him. But I don't just stay with him by default as if there's no one else available to me. I stay with him because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose him over and over again, and he chooses me."
-Allegiant by Veronica Roth
16. Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest: If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Longest: Monsters by Ilsa J. Bick
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!!
Allegiant by Veronica Roth I won't say any spoilers, but I'm pretty sure EVERYONE knows which moment I'm talking about!
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc.)
Romance: Adrian & Sydney from The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
Family: Jules, Trey, and Rowan from Bang by Lisa McMann
19. Favorite Book You Read In 2013 From An Author You've Read Previously
20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore Sadly, I didn't see what all the hype was about this one.
21. Genre You Read The Most From In 2013?
Hands down, dystopian.
22. Newest Fictional Crush From A Book You Read In 2013?
Liam from Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken HANDS OFF, ladies! :)
23. Best 2013 Debut You Read?
24. Most Vivid World/Imagery In A Book You Read In 2013?
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read In 2013?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry In 2013?
Allegiant by Veronica Roth I bawled like a baby for the last 100 pages of this bad boy. I was a big sobbing mess.
27. Book You Read In 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
1. One Book You Didn't Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?
Not A Drop To Drink by Mindy McGinnis I've heard so many rave reviews on this one! I wasn't sure it was going to be my cup of tea, but my sister bought it for me for christmas, so I plan on picking this one up ASAP!!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
Cress by Marissa Meyer I LOVE THIS SERIES!! I cannot wait for the next installment, which is a retelling of Rapunzel! SO excited!!
3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Alienated by Melissa Landers I actually already have this one pre-ordered! (At the time of posting, Melissa Landers is also offering signed bookplates for anyone who sends her the receipt showing they preordered!!)
4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
Definitely, Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi I need to know who she chooses!!!! cough cough please be Warner cough! :)
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
Meet more amazing blogging friends! Oh, and read 150 books!
Let me know if you loved any of the books I loved last year, and leave me a link in the comments for your survey so I can see your favorites of 2013!!
Thanks for reading!