Waiting on Wednesday (41)

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, where you can spotlight an upcoming release you're eagerly anticipating!

This week I'm waiting on:

The Unquiet by Mikaela Everett
Releases on: September 22nd, 2015 ADD IT TO GOODREADS or PRE-ORDER


From Goodreads: For most of her life, Lirael has been training to kill-- and replace-- a duplicate version of herself on a parallel Earth. She is the perfect sleeper-soldier. But she's beginning to suspect she is not a good person.

The two Earths are identical in almost every way. Two copies of every city, every building, even every person. But the people from the second Earth know something their duplicates do not-- two versions of the same thing cannot exist. They-- and their whole planet-- are slowly disappearing. Lira has been trained mercilessly since childhood to learn everything she can about her duplicate, to be a ruthless sleeper-assassin who kills that other Lirael and steps seamlessly into her life. 

An intricate, literary stand-alone from an astonishing new voice, The Unquiet takes us deep inside the psyche of a strong teenage heroine struggling with what she has been raised to be and who she really is. Fans of eerily futuristic and beautifully crafted stories such as Never Let Me Go, Orphan Black, and Fringe will find themselves haunted by this unsettling debut.

Why I'm Waiting: 
1. DAT COVER 
2. This almost sounds like Dualed by Elsie Chapman, which was a very anticipated book for me that just fell flat--- epically. I have high hopes for this one.
3. TWO PARALLEL EARTHS.
4. Trained as an assassin. You put an assassin in any story and BOOM! I'm interested!

What do you think? Have you heard of The Unquiet before? Does it sound epic to you or just meh? Have you read Dualed? What did you think of it? Let's discuss!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. OOoh that looks like an intriguing read!! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. I haven't read anything by this author or heard of this book before. Hope you enjoy it! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS BOOK. It sounds so epic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, parallel worlds and one of them is disappearing?? This sounds so very cool and intriguing!! I had not heard about this one before but now I'm totally adding it to the wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see this book everywhere and I want it...badly. Can't believe I have to wait until September. Hope we both enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes. That cover is all kinds of stunning :D I love it too. <3 Thank you for letting me know about this awesome looking book Becca :) I really hope you'll love it. <3

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs