Stacking the Shelves (28)

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews, where bloggers share their weekly book hauls! I absolutely love showcasing what I received over the week, and seeing what goodies everyone else got as well!!!





PURCHASED:
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Red Rising by Pierce Brown

FOR REVIEW:
Invaded by Melissa Landers
Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton
The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
Twisted Fate by Norah Olson
Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
GIFTED:
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas 
The Boyfriend App by Katie Sise
Clariel by Garth Nix
The Devil You Know by Trish Doller 
Sublime by Christina Lauren
WON:
The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre 

I LOVE MY CO BLOGGER ANDYE SO MUCH! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! IM STILL SQUEALING AND I MAY HAVE SLEPT WITH ACOTAR LAST NIGHT...SHHHH. Also big thanks to all of the publishers!


WHAT'S HAPPENING IN BECCA LAND?
Over the past week, I have been deep in the writing cave, because I had to buckle down to get my word count in for NaNoWriMo this year. I basically didn't start until last weekend, and if everyone could remind me next year not to be such a freaking procrastinator, that'd be great, because trying to write 50K words in seven days is not fun. I am so proud of myself, but now I feel like I need to sleep for the next week! 


Last Friday, I also went and saw Mockingjay with Amanda from Of Spectacles and Books. LOVED it so so so much. I was a little worried going into it because I had heard a bunch of negative reviews for it, but they were mostly from people who didn't like the book. I'm happy to say that I thought it was perfect and well executed. Of course, it was a little slow paced like the first half of the book, but I loved it. I'm planning on taking my mom to go see it again this week! Fangirling after the movie with Amanda was awesome and tons of fun, just like the first time we hung out! Seriously this chick is hilarious, and if you haven't checked out her blog, you should totally do that! I also won a Hunger Games moleskin journal from Amanda the night before, so she gave it to me and I love it so much!!! She sells them on Etsy, and I encourage you to definitely check them out as well. They make great Christmas gifts! ;)

I have a ton of bags to paint this week for Christmas gifts, and orders, and then I have a dentist appointment to get my wisdom teeth checked out. It's looking like wisdom teeth removal surgery is in my future! Yikes! But I'm anxious to get them out so I can quit hurting all the time. 

I didn't get any reading done this week because I was so swamped and stressed about getting my word count done. But I am dying to get my hands on something! I'm about to start Zodiac by Romina Russell. What are ya'll reading & loving lately?

BLOG POSTS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED:

AROUND THE BLOG-O-SPHERE:

PHEW! That's it for me this week!
Did you get anything amaze balls?
Link me up so I can come take a gander at your weekly haul! <3

post signature

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS GIRL!! SO MANY AMAZING BOOKS!!! *ALL THE FLAILS*
    Invaded!! The Sin Eater's Daughter!!! ACOTAR!!!!
    I cannot wait to hear what you think of them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh, Seeker and A Court of Thorns and Roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have a few of these. Seeker looks so cool, doesn't it? :) Enjoy. http://booklovingnut.blogspot.com/2014/12/a-very-late-stacking-shelves-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bunch of gorgeous books. <3 I want the gorgeous one at the bottom :D SO awesome sounding. I really enjoyed Invaded :) Hope you do too. Happy reading sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off, you are adorable. I don't why you think I'm hilarious though. I'm really not that funny... I'm just good at allowing my nerdy-ness to show lol. I had a blast with you too though! We seriously need to hang out again before I have to leave to go back to Texas for break! Maybe we can hit up the Scholastic Warehouse sale or something next week. Also thanks for linking my Etsy! You're so cool!

    Okay, now that I've said that, now I get to feel a little betrayed (jk)... YOU DIDN"T TELL ME YOU GOT ACOTAR!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you freaking out or what?! You have to tell me how amazing it is!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs