#WaitingOnWednesday (52)

Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, where you can spotlight an upcoming release you're eagerly anticipating!


This week I'm waiting on:

Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith
Releases on: October 6th, 2015 PRE-ORDER or ADD IT TO GOODREADS!

From Goodreads: 
A high-concept, fantastical espionage novel set in a world where dreams are the ultimate form of political intelligence.

Livia is a dreamstrider. She can inhabit a subject's body while they are sleeping, and for a short time, move around in their skin. She uses her talent to work for the Barstadt Empire. But her partner, Brandt, has lately become distant, and when Marez comes to join their team from a neighboring kingdom, he offers Livia the option of a life she had never dared to imagine. Livia knows of no other dreamstriders who have survived the pull of Nightmare. So only she understands the stakes when a plot against the Empire emerges that threatens to consume both the dreaming world and the waking one with misery and rage.

A richly conceived world full of political intrigue and fantastical dream sequences, at its heart Dreamstrider is about a girl who is struggling to live up to the potential before her.

Why I'm Waiting:

1. DAT COVER!!!!! Ohmygoodness! *pets*
2. Dreamstrider? Unique title. *reads synopsis* Wowza. That would be a nifty job/gift. Spying on people through their dreams, and being able to move their bodies. I could see a few pranks being pulled, because that just sounds like a lot of fun.
3. Oh gosh. I forgot about Nightmares. I don't want this job now. 
4. I have yet to read Lindsay's other series, but I'm about to start them very, very soon. So hopefully, they will make me even more excited for Dreamstrider. I've only heard great things about them!!

What do you think about Dreamstrider?
Have you seen this book before? ISN'T IT BEAUTIMOUS?! 
Would you like to be able to inhabit people's bodies while they sleep?

post signature



11 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before (or this author I don't think), but that synopsis sounds super thrilling! I'm definitely going to have to put this one on my TBR. I love the idea of "political intrigue and fantastical dream sequences" ! Great choice. Glad I know about it now! Although October 6th is pretty far away D: lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I do love that cover! Sounds like a great idea for a story, and I'm adding to my list:-) Thanks for sharing! Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds absolutely awesome; I must add to my TBR!

    My WoW: http://thereadinghedgehog.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-empire-of-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOooh interesting! This is totally new to me! That cover is sooo very eyecatching though! Lovely pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, that cover! Totally agree that it's gorgeous (it also reminds of Blue Lily, Lily Blue) :) This sounds completely amazing and I am so adding it to my TBR list. Thanks so much for sharing it!!

    My WoW
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, yeah. This book looks so pretty :D Amazing pick Becca. <3 I really hope you'll end up loving this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy the book!
    New follower.

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/04/waiting-on-wednesday-hard-to-be-good.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds quite fascinating, like a mix of paranormal and fantasy and I'M ALL FOR IT!!
    Great pick, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cover is super unique, isn't it? I'm looking forward to this one too, good pick!

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually just saw this one yesterday because everyone was posting it in their TTTs, and once I read the synopsis I was SO READY. It sounds sooooo incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPER excited to read this book as well! I was pretty meh about Sekret and Skandal, but this one sounds more up my alley. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Have a fantastic week, Becca :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs