Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - Review

Friday, March 7, 2014
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #1
Published by: Speak on July 16th, 2013
Pages: 372
Format: Paperback
Genre: Contemporary
Source: Purchased
Rating: 5/5
Buy the Book   or   Add it to Goodreads!
FROM GOODREADS: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. She is less than thrilled about boarding school in Paris - until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, he has it all - including a serious girlfriend. Will Anna get her French kiss?

MY THOUGHTS: 

I am in love with Anna and the French Kiss! I hardly ever ever ever read contemporary, but during the Book Blogger LoveAThon, there was lots of book pushing for Anna. I thought since so many people adore this book that there must be something amazing about it, and WOW! They were right, so incredibly right. 

I sat down one evening to read Anna and the French Kiss, and ended up staying up until the wee hours of the morning to finish it. I simply COULD. NOT. PUT. IT. DOWN. For something like that to happen, I have to be immensely engrossed in a book, and that's exactly how I was with Anna. 

Perkins is a beautiful writer. I loved her writing style so much, and would be lying if I said I didn't laugh out loud quite a few times. She's hilarious!! The characters are so well thought out too! Anna is the bomb dot com. I felt as if I was Anna myself, and boy, did i wish I was when it came to any scene containing the beautiful, funny, and mysterious Étienne. Anna and Étienne have earned their well deserved spot on my top five OTPs. (Haha, I just learned what OTP means, so I'll be using it quite often now..just saying) They are the perfect couple, and I rooted for Anna every step of the way to finally end up in Étienne's arms. 

Anna and the French Kiss is a fun, contemporary read guaranteed to make you giggle and swoon endlessly. Even if contemporary isn't a genre you're used to picking up, I recommend jumping out of your genre bubble to pick this book up. Don't doubt me, readers. You'll thank me. I've officially joined the Book Pushers Club of Anna and the French Kiss! I give Anna and the French Kiss FIVE HEARTS, because it is truly one of my very favorite stories I've read recently. 


Was this review helpful?
Have you read Anna and the French Kiss?
Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for visiting Pivot Book Reviews! Don't forget to check out the popular Cover Puppies posts, where I recreate my favorite book covers with my dogs! Also, if you followed me, I would be forever grateful! :)

post signature

7 comments:

  1. I love seeing 5 out of 5 ratings! I really need to read this book!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't read a lot of contemporary books but I'm really trying to change that. One of the first contemporary books that I want to read is this one. I've heard nothing but great things on this book!! I'm glad to see it's a series too!
    Great review xoxo
    Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay I'm glad you liked this one!! I love Stephanie Perkins! I loved the way Paris felt in this book and all the movie stuff. And of course St. Clair! Who wouldn't like a hottie with a British accent?? The only thing I was ehh about is him staying with his g/f for FAR too long. Like icky long. But I could look past that because of the cuteness of the book. You should totally read Lola. Cricket (the guy in that book) is SO freaking adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed this one Becca! I got this book for Christmas, but have yet to read it - I can't wait to read it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about reading this one cause I've heard very good reviews for it, but I'm not sure if it's the right book for me right now, emotionally...
    Great review, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to break down and read this book. Everyone loves it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I tend not to read as many contemporary books as say sci-fi or paranormal, but Anna and the French Kiss is one of those wonderful books everyone seems to enjoy and relate to. Glad you enjoyed it so much, Becca :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Pivot Book Reviews
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs